After last year’s dual grey/yellow combination, the colour masters at Pantone have reverted to a single shade for 2022’s Colour of the Year. Introducing Very Peri – an uplifting shade of purple that was created especially for the year ahead.
Unlike other shades of purple, which are either classified as warm or cool, Very Peri is a mix of colder blues and violet reds, which makes it an easier shade to work with. That said, we appreciate that it may not be a hue you want to paint an entire room.
Using Very Peri as an accent colour is a flexible, low cost and more temporary way of embracing the latest colour trend in your home – especially if you are in rented accommodation and can’t make permanent changes. Here are 6 ideas to try:-
- Say it with flowers…and a vase: one of the quickest ways to bring Very Peri into your home is with a bunch of flowers. Choose hyacinths, irises, hydrangeas and lisianthus for a heady mix of purples, or opt for an all-white selection of blooms displayed in this Dartington Crystal Vase in the amethyst colourway, stocked at John Lewis.
- Throw in the towels: add colour and a spa-like vibe to your bathroom with a new set of fluffy towels – neatly folded in a stack or placed over a heated towel rail. Marks & Spencer’s cotton rich towels in the colour violet are a great Very Peri match.
- Paint it purple: paint isn’t just for walls. Prepare your surface correctly and choose the right paint finish, and you can apply a coat to just about anything – photo frames, bedside cabinets and even terracotta pots. Try Dulux’s off-the-shelf shade Purple Pout, or its mixed-to-order shade Amethyst Showers 1.
- Colour up with candles: Very Peri’s likeness to a vibrant shade of lavender makes it easy to find purple-coloured candles. Many examples that are infused with the scent are often coloured purple too – such as these ribbed lavender-scented candles by Bolsius, stocked by Wayfair.
- Cast some shade: whether you have a table lamp, ceiling pendant or wall light, a change of shade can completely change a room’s look. Pooky has an amazing choice of shades designed to fit a variety of fittings. Opt for the empire shade in cobalt silk for a fantastic colour match.
- Blanket coverage: a blanket or throw is one of the most versatile home accessories you can buy. This super-soft dyed cashmere blanket in violet from Anthropologie will add Very Peri vibes when neatly folded at the end of a bed or draped over the arm of a sofa.
Over the years we have seen many different interior design schemes in our property visits, with varying degrees of success. If you would like to view our current crop of design-led homes – or would prefer your next property to be a project – please contact the team today.